Listening to the needs of our customers
Impol manufactures a wide range of strips that can be applied in all technical, transport, construction, electrotechnology , household and other branches. The technology and equipment allow us to take into consideration the wishes and needs of the customers during manufacture. Strips are thus manufactured to the desired length, width, external and internal diameter. By combining the chemical composition and applying controlled hot and cold working Impol can attain standards as well as purely specific properties and qualities of cold-rolled strips. And by acquiring new knowledge Impol is able to constantly develop new products and improve the properties of the current ones. Impol provides both mill finish and embossed surface tension levelling or PVC-foil coating. Selected alloy and temper combinations can also be supplied on cardboard cores.
- 1000 series alloys are distinguished by their corrosion resistance, good formability, weldability and conductivity.
- 3000 series alloys are distinguished by their excellent resistance to atmospheric and chemical agents, higher mechanical properties than pure aluminium and good formability.
- 5000 series alloys are recognised by their moderate to high strength, excellent chemical durability, very good formability and good polishability.
- 8000 series alloys have high formability, with deep drawing formability standing out the most.
Soft, quarter-hard, half-hard, three-quarter-hard, hard and full hard tempers can be provided. Deep drawing ability is available by certain alloy and temper combinations.
Strip surface can be subject to mill finish, painted or embossed with various patterns.
Technological manufacturing process
Strips are manufactured from rolling slabs subject to hot rolling to the prescribed thickness. Cooling thereof is followed by cold rolling supported by additional operations such as in-process annealing and trimming. Cold rolling until the final thickness is attained is followed by tension levelling, surface embossing, cutting and final annealing. All these operations combined provide for the desired final strip shape, prescribed dimensions and quality.
with international standards
- EN 573-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of wrought products
- EN 485-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 485-4 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 15088 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Structural products for construction work – Technical conditions for inspection and delivery