Contributing to shaping the future of our planet
The first ecological project at IMPOL was completed already in 1984. This clearly shows that we have been conscious of the environment for decades. During the last three decades, technological improvements have facilitated the successful completion of various projects that have significantly reduced environmental impacts. Our innovative approach to developing technologies is constantly being integrated with sustainable guidelines. In this manner, we can operate in harmony with nature and not to its detriment. We select environmentally-friendly solutions and expect the same level of environmental awareness from our suppliers and partners.
ISO 14001 certificate
Our commitment to protecting the environment is also certified by the ISO 14001 standard acquired in 2000.
Impol’s “green revolution”
Impol’s operations are focused on reusing products. The result of this are ecological products from recycled materials, using less energy in production, thus increasing efficiency.
- reducing waste
- preserving natural resources
- reducing pollution
The recycling process is integrated with all activities. All the waste aluminium produced in the casthouse is processed. The rest of the waste generated during our activities is also managed responsibly. Waste is passed to authorized processors or collectors. We will continue focusing on selling products made from secondary raw material.
Interesting facts about aluminium recycling
- Recycled aluminium does not lose its excellent properties.
- Recycling aluminum uses only five percent of the energy that would otherwise be used to produce the same amount of aluminum.
- A recycled can is returned to shop shelves in merely 60 days.
- We are reinforcing our recycling technology.
- In 2013, we completed our investment in a new casthouse valued at over 15 million, thereby increasing the proportion of melting waste aluminium.