Impol’s technological knowledge enables the company to attain standards and specific properties and qualities of hot-rolled plates and cold-rolled sheets by combining the chemical composition and applying controlled hot and cold working. In manufacturing sheets, Impol can use standard dimensions or fully conform to the customer’s demands. Mill finish surfaces of cold-rolled sheets that can be coated with paper or various types of foils, including foils that can be subject to laser cutting. Embossed surfaces are also available. By developing technologies, applying our experience, and communicating with clients, we are constantly developing new products and improving the properties of our product range.
- 1000 series alloys are distinguished by their corrosion resistance, good formability, weldability, and conductivity.
- 3000 series alloys are distinguished by their excellent resistance to atmospheric and chemical agents, higher mechanical properties than pure aluminium, and good formability.
- 5000 series alloys are distinguished by their hardness, excellent chemical durability, good formability, and polishability.
Hot-rolled plates are manufactured from 6000 series alloys. Soft, quarter-hard, half-hard, three-quarter-hard, hard, and full hard tempers can be provided. Deep drawing ability is available by specific alloy and temper combinations. The surface of our sheets may have a mill finish, coated with paper or foil (laser foils are also available), prepainted, or embossed. The surface of hot-rolled plates has a mill finish.
Technological manufacturing process
Sheets are produced from rolling slabs subject to hot rolling to the prescribed thickness. Cooling is followed by cold rolling supported by additional operations such as in-process annealing and trimming. Cold rolling until the final thickness is attained is followed by tension leveling, surface embossing, final annealing, prepainting, and cutting. These combined operations provide the desired final sheet shape, prescribed dimensions, and quality.
Hot-rolled plates are hot-rolled from rolling slabs, then cut and cooled. Subject to the customer’s requirements, the edges can also be trimmed.
with international standards
- EN 573-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of wrought products
- EN 485-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 485-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 485-4 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 15088 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Structural products for construction work