Impol’s technological knowledge enables the company to attain standards as well as purely specific properties and qualities of hot-rolled plates and cold-rolled sheets by combining the chemical composition and applying controlled hot and cold working. In manufacturing sheets Impol may apply standard dimensions or fully conform to the customer’s wishes. Mill finish surfaces are provided by cold-rolled sheets that can be coated with paper or various types of foils, including foils that can be subject to laser cutting. Embossed surfaces are also available. By developing technologies, applying our experience and communicating with clients we constantly develop new products and improve the properties of the current ones.
Properties of our own alloys
- 1000 series alloys are distinguished by their corrosion resistance, good formability, weldability and conductivity.
- 3000 series alloys are distinguished by their excellent resistance to atmospheric and chemical agents, higher mechanical properties than pure aluminium and good formability.
- 5000 series alloys are recognised by their moderate to high strength, excellent chemical durability, very good formability and good polishability.
Hot-rolled plates are manufactured from 6000 series alloys. Soft, quarter-hard, half-hard, three-quarter-hard, hard and full hard tempers can be provided. Deep drawing ability is available by certain alloy and temper combinations. The surface of our sheets may have a mill finish, coated with paper or foil (laser foils are also available), prepainted or embossed. The surface of hot-rolled plates has a mill finish.
Technological manufacturing process
Sheets are manufactured from rolling slabs subject to hot rolling to the prescribed thickness. Cooling thereof is followed by cold rolling supported by additional operations such as in-process annealing and trimming. Cold rolling until the final thickness is attained is followed by tension levelling, surface embossing, final annealing, prepainting and cutting. All these operations combined provide for the desired final sheet shape, prescribed dimensions and quality.
Hot-rolled plates are hot-rolled from rolling slabs, then cut and cooled. Subject to the customer’s requirements, the edges can also be trimmed.
with international standards
- EN 573-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of wrought products
- EN 485-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 485-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 485-4 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Sheet, strip and plate
- EN 15088 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Structural products for construction work