Extraordinary properties and wide range of application
Aluminium foil is an indispensable part of consumer products. Its use is so widespread that is falls among the most important cold-rolled aluminium and aluminium alloy products. The fact that it is an environmentally-friendly product that may be recycled and reused is also of great benefit. Low price and unique combination of properties also speak volumes about its advantages.
Aluminium foil properties:
- Leakproofness: the crystal structure provides foil with a high level of leakproofness and complete light protection.
- Non-toxicity: aluminium foil is not toxic.
- Corrosion resistance: aluminium foil has great corrosion resistance and reacts only to highly acidic and alkaline substances.
- Non-absorbency: aluminium foil does not absorb liquids and is also resistant to oil.
- Hygiene and safety: aluminium foil is sterile.
- Smell and taste: aluminium foil is odourless and tasteless.
- Shape preservation: soft temper foil provides for a high ability to preserve shape.
- Recycling: aluminium can be recycled several times without losing its quality.
Technological manufacturing process
Foils manufactured in such a manner are either single or doubled, which means that two foils are rolled simultaneously. The external sides that were in contact with working rolls are bright, whereas the inner sides where the two foils are in contact remain matt The doubled foil rolling procedure is applied to all foils with a final thickness of 0,050 mm or less.
1. Cold rolling
Cold-rolling on state-of-the-art four-high rolling mills constitutes the major part of the manufacturing process.
2. Cutting and annealing
Cutting and annealing both help attain the desired final aluminium foil properties as well as remove residues of rolling oils from the surface.
3. Striping onto the core
Following final trimming and cutting, foil is striped to the desired external diameter or in the desired length on steel or aluminium cores, depending on customer’s requirements.
with international standards:
- EN 573-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of wrought products
- EN 546-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Foil
- EN 546-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Foil
- EN 546-4 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Foil
- EN 683-2 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Cold-rolled semi-finished products for heat converters
- EN 683-3 Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Cold-rolled semi-finished products for heat converters
- EN 602 Aluminium and aluminium alloys -Wrought products -Chemical composition of semi-finished products used for the fabrication of articles for use in contact with foodstuff