Systematic occupational health and safety management since as early as 2000
The occupational health and safety
policy is adopted by the Board after consulting all management structures in
the group. The first occupational health and safety policy was adopted by the
Impol Group Board in December 2000. The management then bound itself to
continuously improve health and safety of personnel and to observe and comply
with the requirements of the law in force. The occupational health and safety
policy constitutes a framework for action in compliance with the requirements
of the OHSAS 18001 standard and a basis for setting occupational health and
safety objectives. The policy has been posted at key locations in the
Occupational health and safety management policy content
The health and safety of personnel with access to the working area is a
value that cannot be obtained or purchased, which is why we are responsible to
preserve their health and safety. Everyone working under the supervision of the
organisation must be aware of their obligations brought about by occupational
health and safety.
The Impol Group is aware of the fact
that occupational health and safety provide for the satisfaction of our
personnel and the general public, thus it strives to continuously reduce risks
resulting from our current actions. Impol is also committed to preventing
injuries and physical harm as well as to continuously improving occupational
health and safety management, striving to consistently generate better results
and effects. Adopted measures seek to provide for the ability to work of our
personnel throughout their entire active age.
Planning new activities includes the
selection of more health-friendly solutions that do not jeopardise the safety
of our personnel.
The occupational health and safety
management system has been incorporated into all processes of Impol Group
companies, where it is subject to further development.
Our basic principles
- The permanent commitment of our management to
protect health and to provide for occupational safety is reflected in
conferring competencies and responsibilities to process owners,
professional associates and a doctor. Regular inspections provide for
efficient implementation of health protection activities and adequacy of
occupational health and safety policy principles, bearing in mind changes
in Impol Group companies.
- Occupational health and safety objectives aim
to progressively introduce safer and more health-friendly procedures in
compliance with our technological and financial capacities and by
observing the principle of economy.
- Our duty is to observe legal provisions
referring to the organisation and other requirements it has consented to.
- The implementation of the occupational health
and safety programme has been included in our short- and long-term plans
and funds for this purpose are provided. Annual specification of new
occupational health and safety tasks provides for continuous improvements.
- All personnel are trained based on their
activities in the working process, which is how Impol guarantees that they
are more concerned about their health and safety. All personnel are bound
to be familiar with and to implement occupational health and safety
- The Impol Group is open to initiatives of all
interested parties with regard to research and resolving occupational
health and safety related issues. Information on our efforts and
achievements are available to our personnel and the public.
having adopted an occupational health and safety policy, Impol has undertaken
to protect occupational health and to provide for occupational safety. Our
efforts are reflected mainly in:
- promoting occupational health as a prevention action tool,
- changing technological procedures by replacing hazardous procedures
with less hazardous ones,
- reducing time exposure of personnel exposed to adverse physical
- applying input material that pose less of a burden to the working
environment and consequently also to the health and safety of our personnel,
- applying hazardous substances in a limited, controlled and prudent
- making sure that personnel handling hazardous substances during work
are qualified and obtain all the necessary information to protect themselves,
others and the environment,
- marking hazardous and security restricted areas with special
- periodically testing theoretical and practical qualifications of
personnel with regard to safe work at the work place,
- periodically examining physical and chemical hazards at the workplace,
- carrying out regular medical check-ups,
- preventing social risks by focusing on stress and risks pertaining to
psychoactive substance dependence,
- aspiring to reduce the occupational accident rate,
- monitoring the health status of personnel,
- periodically examining working equipment,
- efficiently applying the prescribed protective equipment.
The written down occupational health and
safety policy is available to the general public.